What you should know about...
Becoming a Member
The CBC was established in 1967 to encourage and promote bicycle riding and safety and to foster a good relationship between cyclists and motorists by demonstrating courtesy and respect for the law. The Chattanooga Bike Club is for people interested in bicycle riding (both road and mountain), trail construction and maintenance, and creating new friendships. Some of the club's activities and benefits to members include:
- Recreational rides: Each year the CBC organizes over 400 road and mountain bike rides. The club’s website includes a ride calendar listing all upcoming rides.
- Social Events: As a member you will be able to attend numerous member only events such as the July 4th BANG ride, party and BBQ contest, Annual Party and the Silver Comet Trail Weekend.
- Club Website: The club’s website is full of information useful to a cyclist. It features a ride and event calendar, forum, road and mountain bike maps and cue sheets.
- Newsletter: The Tailwind is published periodically throughout the year. It contains stories and pictures of current events, updates on cycling issues and more. All members are encouraged to contribute pictures and stories to the Tailwind editor.
- Discounts at local bike shops.
- Discounts at CBC Century rides: Members received discounted ride fees for the 3 State 3 Mountain Challenge and the Sequatchie Valley Century.
- Last but not least, CBC provides and opportunity to meet other cyclists and be an active member of the Chattanooga cycling community.